Jul 23, 2022
Easy to make fish tenders that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
These fish tenders are indulging till the last bite, and you would love making them.
- Fish– A firm and meaty fish fillet (about 1 to 1 ½-inch thick centre-cut piece). Be sure the skin is removed. Used 1 ½ pound of salmon, but a firm white fish fillet such as cod or halibut will work.
- Seasoning– Aside from a sprinkle of kosher salt, I use a trio of spices to give the Fish sticks great flavour: black pepper, oregano, and paprika.
- For dredging or coating– A dredging station will have the different items the Fish will be covered in to make that beautiful, crispy coating.
- Lemon zest and lemon juice– Zest of about one lemon and lemon juice, to your liking (use juice of ½ lemon) are added as soon as the Fish is out of the oven.
- Citrus and Fish are a match made in heaven, which goes for these little salmon fish sticks!
- Garnish-If you have it, garnish with sprinkles of fresh parsley
- Fish Sticks Sauce-You can serve these with the usual tartar sauce or homemade
How to Make
- Set a rack in the middle of your oven and heat to 450 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, pat Fish dry (I used salmon fillet that’s about 1 to 1 ½-inch thick) and season with salt on both sides.
- Cut the Fish into pieces or sticks that are about 3-inch long (so the sticks would be 1 ½ inch thick and about 3 inches long).
- Combine one teaspoon black pepper, one teaspoon sweet paprika, and 1 teaspoon oregano and season the fish sticks on both sides.
- Take each fish stick and coat it with the flour first.
- Shake off excess flour, then dip the fish stick in the egg wash.
- Finally, coat the fish stick in the bread crumb and Parmesan mixture.
- Arrange the coated fish sticks on an oiled baking sheet (the oil on the baking sheet ensures that the bottom of the fish sticks gets nice and crispy).
- Now, with a brush, dab the tops of the fish sticks with extra virgin olive oil (be sure not to brush the coating off, though).
- Bake in the heated oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked.
- If they need colour, place the pan under the broiler briefly (observe) until the fish sticks gain a nice golden brown colour.
- Transfer fish sticks to a serving platter. Add lemon zest and a splash of lemon juice.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley for Garnish. Serve with your favourite sauce for dipping.