Jul 23, 2022
Fish nuggets are one of the quickest and tastiest snack options. The following recipe will help you
make restaurant-style deep-fried fish nuggets in 30 minutes.
- Fish: skinless and boneless. Use any round white fish (see details below).
- Regular breadcrumbs: Helps create an even coating.
- Flour: either all-purpose/plain or whole wheat/wholemeal.
- Lemon zest: adds a hint of lemon.
- Vegetable oil: Any.
- Salt and pepper.
- Fish nuggets can be made with round white fish, including popular varieties such as cod, haddock, or halibut.
How To Prepare The Fish
- Remove the skin and bones if present.
- Pat dry the fish thoroughly using a paper towel.
- Cut the fish into chunks approx. One inch (2.5 cm) thick. Pat dry again if necessary.
What You Will Need
- Medium-sized shallow bowl for the egg mixture
- Bowls/large plates for the flour and breadcrumbs
- Large non-stick frying pan for toasting the breadcrumbs
- Large oven rack for baking the fish nuggets
Cut the fish fillets into one-inch pieces. Marinate the fish with salt and lemon juice.
Keep for half an hour. In a medium-sized bowl, beat egg, milk, salt, and pepper powder together.
In another medium-sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients—dip nuggets into the egg and milk
Drain and coat with the flour mixture. Heat sufficient oil in a deep pan, slide in a few nuggets at a
time, and deep-fry.
Fish will float when golden brown and done. Drain onto absorbent paper and serve with tartar or
Serve hot with your favourite dip or sauce, and enjoy.